Last modified: 11-30-2020
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On or through the Website;
- Through our e-mail and newsletter services;
- Through blogs and discussion boards.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Browser Level Information and IP Addresses:
Our web server automatically collects limited information about your computer configuration when you visit the Website, including the type of browser you use, the operating system you are running, the resolution of your computer monitor, the web site that referred you, and your IP address. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers connected to the Internet to identify your computer so that data such as the web pages you want to view can be transmitted to you. We use IP address information for systems administration and trouble-shooting purposes.
We may occasionally release information about our visitors for the purpose for which you provided it, any other purpose disclosed by the City when you provide the information to us, and when release is appropriate to comply with any court order, law, legal process or obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of visitors to our sites, the public, our customers, or our government and its employees, agents, partners, and affiliates.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information:
Accessing and Correcting your Information:
You can review and update your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or request deletion of any personal information that you have provided to us. Please note we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal obligation or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have been given or chosen a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone. Please also be cautious about giving out information on public areas of the Website like blogs and discussion boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do are best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the Website home page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of this page. You are responsible for frequently visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of the revised Policy means that you accept and agree to the changes.
If you have questions or comments about this Policy and our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com , or 11 East State Street, Trenton, OH 45067 or 5153-988-6304.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions:
Last modified: 11-30-2020
Acceptance to Terms and Conditions:
The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern your access to and use of the Website, including any content, functionality, and services offered on or through https://www.trentonoh.gov (our “Website”), whether as a guest or registered user.
We may revise and update these terms and conditions from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Website thereafter. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of the revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes. Please check this page frequently so you are aware of any changes.
Accessing the Website and Account Security:
We reserve the right to take down or amend the Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to the Website, or parts thereof, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for both making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website and ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and comply with them.
To access the Website or some of the resources it offers, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of the Website that all the information you provide on the Website is correct, current, and complete. You agree that all information you provide to register with the Website or otherwise, including, but not limited to, through the use of any Interactive Features (defined below) on the Website, is governed by our Policy https://www.trentonoh.gov/privacy, and you consent to all actions we take with respect to your information consistent with our Policy.
If you choose, or are provided with, a username, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Website or portions of it using your username, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
We have the right to disable any username, password, or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including if, in our reasonable opinion, you have violated any provision of these Terms.
Intellectual Property Rights:
The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by the City, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
These Terms permit you to use the Website for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on our Website, except as follows:
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
You may not modify copies of any materials from the Website or delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Website. You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
If you print, copy, modify, download, or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any part of the Website in breach of the Terms, your right to use the Website will stop immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. No right, title, or interest in or to the Website or any content on the Website is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by the City. Any use of the Website not expressly permitted by these Terms is a breach of these Terms and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree to not use the Website:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- To transmit personal attacks, threats, slurs, and profanity in your interactions.
- For the purposes of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personal information, or otherwise.
- To link to any sites that violate these Terms.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any similar solicitation.
- To impersonate a government employee or another user or individual. We do not allow behavior or content related to or comprising illegal activities.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, may harm the City or users of the Website, or may expose them to liability, each as determined by us in our reasonable discretion.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website, or for any other purpose not expressly authorized in these Terms, without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
The Website may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, blogs, and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Features”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Website. The purpose of our Interactive Features is to obtain suggestions, ideas, and feedback to benefit our community.
All User Contributions must comply with the standards set forth in these Terms.
Any User Contribution you post to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Website, you grant us the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such materials for any purpose. You represent and warrant that you own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us. We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Website.
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for violations of these Terms.
- Take any action with respect to any User Contribution that we deem necessary or appropriate in our reasonable discretion, including if we believe that such User Contribution violates these Terms, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the Website or the public, or could create liability for the City.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Website for violations of these Terms.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD THE CITY HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE CITY DURING, OR AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE CITY OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
We do not undertake to review material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in these Terms.
Links from the Website:
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
The Website is provided on an ‘as is’ basis without any warranties of any kind, express or implied. The City, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability, title, non-infringement of third parties’ rights, and fitness for particular purpose. The City makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Website. Without limitation on the foregoing:
Limitation on Liability:
- We do not warrant that the Website will operate error-free or that the Website and its servers are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If your use of the Website results directly or indirectly in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, we are not responsible for those costs.
- We make no representations or guarantees regarding the truthfulness, accuracy, legality, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of any documents posted by users, or of any other form of communication engaged in by users. Documents may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. You agree that any reliance on documents posted by users, or on any other form of communication with users, will be at your own risk.
- We make no representations or guarantees regarding the Website content, including, but not limited to, broken links, inaccuracies, or typographical errors.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE CITY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES, WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the City, its affiliates, licensors, and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or your use of the Website, including, but not limited to, your User Contributions, any use of the Website’s content and services other than as expressly authorized in these Terms, your interactions or disputes with any other user or third party, or your use of any information obtained from the Website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction:
All matters relating to the Website and these Terms, and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Ohio without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction).
Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these terms and conditions or the Website shall be instituted exclusively in the federal or state courts of Butler County, Ohio. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts. However, the City does not waive and reserves all defenses, including without limitation, defenses related to jurisdiction, venue, and sovereign immunity.
Waiver and Severability:
No waiver by the City of any term or condition set out in these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of the City to assert a right or provision under these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
These Terms and our Policy constitute the sole and entire agreement between you and the City relating to the Website and supersede all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, relating to the Website.
Comments and Concerns:
The Website is operated by the City. All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-988-6304.