- 10:30 am
- 1st Wednesday of every month
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Mary K. Wilham, Board Chairman
Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Don Imhoff, Jr., Board Secretary
Term Expires: December 31, 2021
- Donna Lenos, Board Member
Term Expires: December 31, 2022
- Appointed by: City Council
- Legal Basis: City Charter, Article VI, Section 6.06
- Ordinance: Part Two, Title Eight, Chapter 260
- Term: 3 Years
There shall be a Personnel Board consisting of three members, who shall be appointed by the Council. Among the members first appointed, one shall hold office for a term of 3 years. Thereafter, appointments shall be made for terms of 3 years. A member of Council shall not serve on this Board.
Serve as one of three members, whose duties shall include:
- Adopt rules for the determination of merit and fitness as the basis for appointment and promotion of employees in the classified service of the City (Amendment 11-3-92).
- Define "unskilled labor."
- Set and administer civil service entry and promotional examinations.
- Hear appeals from grievance procedures.
City Staff shall provide advice and technical support for the Personnel Board, but do not work for the Board. Staff is to be treated with respect and human dignity. Any breach or abuse of this may result in dismissal by the City Council.
The Council shall have the right to remove, for misfeasance, malfeasance, or nonfeasance, by a two-thirds vote of Council, any appointed member of the Personnel Board. Members are expected to be present at all meetings, if possible. If the member is unexcused for two consecutive meetings, they may be removed from the Board with a two-thirds vote of the Council.