Trenton Mayor's Court Information
The court will start at 4:30 pm and defendants are to check-in by 4 pm.
During the Coronavirus, check-in has changed. Only the defendant will be permitted into the courtroom. If the defendant is represented by an attorney, then the attorney will be permitted to enter into the courtroom with the defendant.
You will need to answer a questionnaire, sign it, and put your telephone number in the space provided. Once you fill out the questionnaire, your temperature will be taken, and you will be asked to return to your vehicle until court starts, and you will receive a telephone call when it is time for you to appear in court. If you have a fever, your case will be continued to date further out.
About the Court
Trenton Mayor's Court is conducted every other Wednesday of each month. Check-in time is 4 pm and Court will start at 4:30 pm. The Mayor's Court of Trenton is:
- Certified Mayor's Court Clerk through the Ohio Professional Development Program - Ashland University, Telego Center for Educational Improvement
- Member of the Association of Mayor's Court Clerks of Ohio
- Member of the Southwest Association of Mayor's Court Clerks
- Registered with the Supreme Court of Ohio
The Mayor's Court Clerk of Courts Office can help you with the following information:
- Answer questions about monies owed to the court
- Directions to the court
- Help direct you to other agencies that can provide further assistance if needed (ex. Bureau of Motor Vehicles)
- Help you reschedule court dates
- Information about your case
- Record Sealing
- Understanding how the court works
The Mayor's Court Clerk of Courts Office Cannot:
- Fill out forms for you
- Give you legal advice
- Tell you how the Magistrate may rule in your particular case
- Tell you how you should plead your case
- Tell you what you should say or write